Having a clean car engine is very important to the life of the car as well as your safety on the road. After a long time of running, your car surely collects a huge amount of dirt and debris. These elements will then impact the overall look of the car along with the engine inside it. When your car is not clean, it cannot run as smoothly as possible and can lead to unwanted accidents. That is the reason why you should clean the engine of your car on the regular basis.
Having the best car wash soap to clean the car engine is not the only thing that you need in order to clean it. In fact, how to clean it properly is also very important.
In case you are looking for a detailed guided on how to clean an engine of a car, read on for more information.
Pick A Location
Firstly, you need to decide where you should clean your car’s engine. In most of the cases, dump that you get from cleaning your car cannot be empty out into sewers or onto the streets. Therefore, you should choose the place where these dump cannot go directly into these forbidden places.
You can bring your car into a self car wash area which has sufficient facilities to help you collect dump after you clean.
After you clean your car’s engine, you need to let it dry thoroughly. That is why you should park your car in an area with good air ventilation. You can wash the engine in your yard or so. And cleaning it inside a garage is not so recommend as it can be quite humid.
Prepare Equipment For Cleaning
When you finish finding a good place to clean the engine, you should then proceed to prepare the needed equipment. You would need a large bucket to store washing liquid, a cleaning brush to scrub the surface of the engine, a small vacuum cleaner and a bottle of engine degreaser and some personal protective equipment namely gloves and goggles.
Fill the bucket with warm to hot water and then pour the engine degrease into the bucket. Remember to follow the instructions of the manufacturers. Stir well until they all blend together.
Clean Your Car’s Engine
You need to wait for the engine of your car to cool down. If you wash it while it is still hot, you can damage the engine severely and leave dirty spots on the engine when it is dry afterwards.
The best time to clean the engine of your car is in the morning, when your car has been cool down overnight.
Here are the detailed steps of what you should do:
- Step 1: Make sure that you cover some internal parts which cannot get wet such as coil pack and air distributor with plastic bags.
- Step 2: Use a hose to rinse off the engine. Please note here that you should only rinse at the low pressure to prevent damaging the internal parts of the engine.
- Step 3: Pour the mixture of the degreaser and water onto your bay. Avoid pouring it on the paint of the bay.
- Step 4: In this step, you need to use a brush to gently scrub the surface of the engine.
- Step 5: In this step, you can rinse off the engine with water like what you do in step 2.
- Step 6: Notice any stubborn areas where the dirt has not yet come out. Apply more degreaser and scrub more vigorously. Finally, rinse off these areas with water.
- Step 7: You can use a clean towel to dry off your engine or let it dry naturally.
As you can see, cleaning the engine of your car is not so hard and doesn’t require too many steps. Although it is simple to do so, it can bring a lot of benefits to your car such as prolonging its durability and helping the car to run much more smoothly. That is the reason why you should clean it on a monthly basis at least.
I hope this article can provided you with needed information so that you can start cleaning your engine with efficiency and effectiveness later on.
Careyourcars.com – a website with easy tips to help you Care Your Car. As you see, this is at simple sight: To become a reliable resource where all of you can join and learn how to care your cars; You can find here Best Products, which are needed for your cars…